Epidaurus, Nafplion, Mycenae, Olympia & Delphi
April-October, the 3 day tour is organized on Mon, Tue, Sat & selected Thu.
November-March, the tour is organized only on Mondays.
The Amazing open THEATRE OF EPIDAURUS
The priests of the sanctuary of god Asklepius were excellent surgeons. On the ground of the sanctuary, the administration of the Asklipeion, in order to entertain the patients, decided to build a theatre. Today, next to the sanctuary of Asklepius, there is a small museum, displaying the instruments and tools used by the priests, excellent surgeons, to perform even brain operations.
NAFPLION - the "Venice" of Greece
Modern architecture hasn’t spoiled the old town of Nafplion, which is a feast for the eye. Nafplion was the capital of the Greek state in the early 1830s. Here, is the first residential palace for the young Bavarian Prince, Otto, the first king of the new country after the revolution against the Turks. The old town is beautiful, with old mansions and paved roads. The town’s fortresses, the Palamidi and the Akronafplia, played a key role during the war of independence. The Venetian influence is everywhere justifying the town’s name as the “Greek Venice”.
MYCENAE - "City in gold"
Mycenae, the city that controlled both the land and sea routes, was the kingdom of mythic Agamemnon. Myths related to history have inspired poets and writers over the centuries from Homer and the Greek tragedies of the classical period to contemporary literary and artistic creations. The site was uncovered in 1874 by Heinrich Schlieman, who also excavated the site of Troy. You enter the citadel through the impressive Lions’ Gate.
OLYMPIA & the OLYMPIC GAMES
The site of Olympia, was the location of the ancient Olympic Games, with the first recorded win in 776BC. In addition to the numerous temples and sanctuaries, there are remains of sporting structures, such as the ancient stadium, the gymnasion, the paleastra and others.
DELPHI - The famous "temple bank".
The pan-Hellenic sanctuary of Delphi, location on the oracle of Apollo, was the spiritual centre of the Greek world. Situated in a spoectacular natural setting on the mountain of Parnassus, it was the symbol of Greek cultural unity from the 8th century BC onwards.
Highlights of the tour
- Visit of Epidaurus Theatre
- Visit of Mycenae Archaeological site & Tomb of Agamemnon
- Visit of Olympia Archaeological site & Museum
- Visit of Delphi Archaeological site & Museum
- Visit of Meteora Monasteries (2 monasteries)
- Entrance fees to the sites included
- Short stop at Nafplion
- 1 night hotel accommodation at Olympia
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Delphi
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Kalambaka (Meteora)
- 3 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- Professional guide
- Transport by modern air-conditioned coach
- Pick up / drop off service from most of the hotels in Athens
- All taxes
- hotel night tax
- Personal expenses, drinks and beverages at dinner,
- Tips to your drivers & guides
This tour include a complimentary pick-up / drop-off service from your hotel or other predefined spots in Athens and surrounding areas. Maximum duration of this service to gather tour participants is approximately 1 hour.
Our prices are discounted and paid in advance.
Please, read in the footer of this page "how to make and secure a booking".
Languages: Mondays & Wednesdays=English + French. Thursdays and Saturdays in operation=English
HOTELS at Olympia: NEDA, KRONION, ANTONIOS, or similar (Tourist) OLYMPIAN VILLAGE, EUROPA, ARTY GRAND (First)
During 2018 (especially in May and June) there is a PROBLEM WITH HOTEL AVAILABILITY AT OLYMPIA.
HOTELS in Delphi: FEDRIADES, HERMES, PARNASSOS (Tourist) and AMALIA (First)
PRICES per person in euro
IN TRIPLE ROOM IN DOUBLE ROOM IN SINGLE ROOM
Tourist class 250.00 265.00 320.00
First class 323.00 340.00 420.00
* Dinner is offered in some tourist hotels. The cost is 12.00 euro per night extra.
* Upgrade the 3 star hotel at Olympia to the 4 star OLYMPIAN VILLAGE by paying 12.00 E p.p.
* The above prices are valid for departures until October 31, 2018.
April-October, the tour is organized Mon-Tue-Sat & selected Thursdays.
November-March, the tour is organized only on Mondays
1 day guided tour to Delphi from 49.00 €
|Type of Tour||Price In Euros €|
|Guided tour with lunch||80.00 €|
|Guided tour NO lunch||70.00 €|
|Guided tour, NO lunch and NO entrance fees - (adult enabler price)||59.00 €|
|Guided tour, NO lunch and NO entrance fees - (student enabler price).
To avoid misunderstandings and frictions, please, CLICK and read what "enabler student" price means.
ONLY ISIC is accepted as proof and ONLY holders of such cards are eligible to such discount.
Please check bellow lnk for more information http://astoria.gr/tours-enablers.html
The prices quoted above are valid until October 2018 and include:
- transportation on modern buses
- Pick up / drop off from your hotel or near it (See our list of hotels in the footer)
- Services of the professional tour guide.
- Lunch and entrance tickets are optional and depend on the price that you choose to pay.
This organized tour does not visit:
1) the Athena Pronaia temple (the tholos) and the sports' facilities (gymnasium, etc) and
2) the Byzantine monastery of Ossios Lucas (a UNESCO site).
OUR DISCOUNTED OFFERS for the 1 day guided tour to Delphi, are:
1) For the guided tour with lunch = 80.00 €
2) For the guided tour without lunch = 70.00 €
3) For the guided tour, NO lunch and NO entrance fees = 59.00 € (adult price)
4) For the guided tour, NO lunch and NO entrance fees = 49.00 €, (Student's price)
<a href="http://astoria.gr/tours-enablers.html">CLICK and read about the "student's" price. </a> ONLY holders of ISIC are eligible.
5) The prices quoted in the above price list, are valid until 31st March 2018.
This ONE DAY DELPHI can also be organized as a private tour from Athens (cost shared between the passengers):
Transportation of 1-4 passengers costs 260.00 euro, 5-8 passengers the extra cost is 10.00 euro p.p.
A local professional tour guide, can be arranged to meet you in Delphi.
Entrance fees, lunch, and drinks are not included in the price.
These tours are organized by 3 Tour Operators. The Travel Agents sell them at discounted rates. Start the communication, explain your plan, and finally choose the travel agent that sells the tour that you want at the price that suits your budget.
Please, read the rules on HOW TO BOOK AND SECURE a booking.
Submit the booking form, and get our confirmation that your request is doable.
After receiving our confirmation, and whenever you feel comfortable, please, proceed to the PAY ON LINE website. When we receive the message that the money have been deposited, we shall send you the voucher.
There is a deadline and the bookings are cancelled if they are not paid on time.