Epidaurus, Nafplion, Mycenae, Olympia & Delphi
April-October, the 3 day tour is organized on Mon, Tue, Sat & selected Thu.
November-March, the tour is organized only on Mondays.
The Amazing open THEATRE OF EPIDAURUS
The priests of the god of medicine, god Asklepius, were excellent surgeons. Today, next to the sanctuary of Asklepius, there is a small museum, displaying the instruments and tools used by the priests, to perform even brain operations. The administration of the Asklipeion, that was the healing centre of the sanctuary, in order to entertain the patients, around 340 BC decided to build a theatre. The theatre is still in use today on Fridays and Saturdays during the "Athens festival" in July & August....
NAFPLION - the "Venice" of Greece
Modern architecture hasn’t spoiled the old town of Nafplion, which is a feast for the eye. Nafplion was the capital of modern Hellas, in early 1830s. Here, is the first residential palace for the first king of the new country after the revolution against the Turks, the young Bavarian Prince, Otto. The old town is beautiful, with old mansions and paved roads. The town’s fortresses, the Palamidi and the Akronafplia, played a key role during the war of independence. The Venetian influence is everywhere justifying the town’s name as the “Greek Venice”.
MYCENAE - "City in gold"
Mycenae, the city that controlled both the land and sea routes, was the kingdom of mythic Agamemnon. Myths related to history have inspired poets and writers over the centuries from Homer and the Greek tragedies of the classical period to contemporary literary and artistic creations. The site was uncovered in 1874 by Heinrich Schlieman, who also excavated the site of Troy. You enter the citadel through the impressive Lions’ Gate.
OLYMPIA & the OLYMPIC GAMES
The site of Olympia, was the location of the ancient Olympic Games, with the first recorded win in 776BC. In addition to the numerous temples and sanctuaries, there are remains of sporting structures, such as the ancient stadium, the gymnasion, the paleastra and others.
DELPHI - The famous "temple bank".
The pan-Hellenic sanctuary of Delphi, location on the oracle of Apollo, was the spiritual centre of the Greek world. Situated in a spoectacular natural setting on the mountain of Parnassus, it was the symbol of Greek cultural unity from the 8th century BC onwards.
Highlights of the 3 day classical tour
- At Epidaurus you will visit the sanctuary of Asclepius and the Theatre
- Visit of Mycenae Archaeological site & Tomb of Agamemnon
- Visit the Archaeological site & Museum at Olympia
- Visit the Archaeological site & Museum in Delphi
- Entrance fees to the museums and sites visited are included
- Short photo stop at Nafplion
- 1 night hotel accommodation at Olympia
- 1 night hotel accommodation in Delphi
- 2 dinners & 2 breakfasts
- Services of the professional tour guide during the tour
- Transportation by modern air-conditioned coach is included
- Legal taxes except the hotel overnight tax.are
- Pick-up / drop-off service from centrally located hotels in Athens isincludedand starts at 07:30 am.
- Drinks and beverages, plus, tips to drivers & guides are not included
April-October, the tour is organized Mon-Tue-Sat & selected Thursdays.
November-March, the tour is organized only on Mondays
Languages: Mondays & Wednesdays=English + French.
Thursdays and Saturdays =English
HOTELS at Olympia: NEDA, KRONION, ANTONIOS, or similar (Tourist) OLYMPIAN VILLAGE, EUROPA, ARTY GRAND (First)
HOTELS in Delphi: FEDRIADES, HERMES, PARNASSOS (Tourist) and AMALIA (First)
PRICES per person in euro
IN TRIPLE ROOM IN TRIPLE DOUBLE & SINGLE ROOM
Tourist class 250.00 265.00 320.00
First class 323.00 340.00 420.00
* Dinner is offered in some tourist hotels. The cost is 12.00 euro per night extra.
* Upgrade the 3 star hotel at Olympia to the 4 star OLYMPIAN VILLAGE by paying 12.00 E p.p.
Prices are discounted and paid in advance.
Please, read in the footer of this page "how to make and secure a booking".
OUR DISCOUNTED OFFER for the 3 day classical guided tour, are:
3) € (adult price)
5) The prices quoted in the above price list, are valid until 31st March 2019.
This 3-day tour can be organized as a private tour (cost shared between the pax)
Local professional tour guides, can be arranged to meet you at the sites.
Submit a booking form and give us your plan. These tours are organized by 3 Greek Tour Operators and we sell them at different prices. Select the travel agent that suits your budget and provides good service. Why pay more? In the footer of this website, read the HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING link.